Keep your pet safe – poison prevention awareness!

We all know puppies eat things that aren’t food. Cats get into brightly colored or smelly things that can harm them. Some adult dogs didn’t learn their lesson as a puppy.

 

Common household cleaners are toxic to pets. Traps to keep our homes pest free can be deadly. Even beautiful plants and landscaping can cause great distress to our pets.

 

Click here to see a list of the top 10 toxins of 2016. How many are in your home?    http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/blog/8780/

 

IN THE KITCHEN – How many of you store your cleaning supplies under the sink? If you pet can open the cabinet, you may be in for trouble! In addition, do not let your pet get into chocolate, grapes, raisins, bread dough, yeast, alcohol, macadamia nuts, onions, caffeine…and so much more!

 

IN THE GARAGE – If you pet spends time with you while you’re working on your car, be extremely careful with antifreeze, rock salt, fertilizer, garbage, pest control….the list can be endless

.

 

IN THE YARD – As you’re preparing for spring remember to supervise your pet around mulch, lilies, tulips, azalea, sago palm, and yew. This is a short list of the plants or flowers that can be harmful to your pet. http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/pet-owners/seasons/spring/

 

We cannot possibly list every hazard to your pet but we value your pet’s health. We encourage you to click this link to the Pet Poison Helpline for more information. Please call the office if you have any questions!

http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/pet-owners/

 

 

We're here for your pet!
Monday through Friday
8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday
8:00 AM to 1:00 PM

2127 Marne Highway
Hainesport NJ 08036
609-267-1609 (phone)